St. Petersburg College
Position Title: Coordinator II, Project (Rangemaster)
Department: Criminal Justice Site: AC
Salary Schedule: A&P Grade: B
Basic Function: Plans, organizes, implements, coordinates and supervises activities at the firearms range.
· Manages classes and courses in firearms.
· Supervise activities and staff to present courses and classes.
· Maintains and repairs inventory of all firearms equipment and gear.
· Performs preventative maintenance on Caswell Target system to keep it continuously operational.
· Responsible for security of indoor range and contents.
· Responsible for maintaining and strictly enforcing safety policies and procedures
· Ensure compliance with all Hazmat standards and OSHA environmental requirements.
· Ensures that all firearm instructors are appropriately certified and trained in the safe operation of firearms.
Education and Certifications:
· High school graduation required, associates degree in related field preferred
· Possess certification - Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission certified firearms instructor.
· Two (2) years Experienced lead firearms instructor and rangemaster
· Possess a certified Firearms Armorer
· Certified or former Law Enforcement or Corrections Officer preferred
· Knowledge and experience in Basic Recruit Training
· Knowledge and experience in Basic Recruit Firearms Training
· Knowledge and experience in Advanced and Specialized Firearms Training
· Experience in the management and control of weapons and ammunition
· Knowledge of the safety procedures and practices in the management and operation of firing
· Knowledge in repair and maintenance of range equipment, targets and numerous types of
· Ability to work with students and staff with good human interaction and communications
· Ability to instruct academy students as well as veteran officers.
· Possess good supervisory skills, written and verbal communication skills and general