Professional Development - Online Critical Thinking Instruction
The Critical Thinking Community Group
Three types of information are available online via the Critical Thinking Community Group: (1) notes from the Critical Thinking Institutes in case you missed them, 2) short, 20-minute "courselets" on specific strategies for teaching for critical thinking, and (3) resources you can download.
Critical Thinking Institutes Notes
- Notes from Dee Fink's Creating Significant Learning Experiences workshop
- Notes from Gerald Nosich's Critical Thinking Theory session
- Notes from Gerald Nosich's Teaching for Critical Thinking workshop
- WITS presentation on Instructional Technology support for critical thinking activities
- Case studies
- Scenarios/problem-based learning
- Active lectures
- Active reading
- Links to specific information on the Foundation for Critical Thinking website
- Documents to download
To self-enroll in the Critical Thinking Community Group (SPC Employees only)
- Log on to ANGEL training at: http://ANGELtraining.spcollege.edu
- Under the heading for “Community Groups,” click “Find a Group.”
- In the “Keyword Search” field, type “QEP” (without the quotation marks) and then click the “Search” button.
- Underneath the “SPC Quality Enhancement Plan – Critical Thinking” group, click “Enroll by PIN.”
- In the “PIN” field, type “qep” (lowercase, without the quotation marks) and then click the “Enroll” button.
- After the enrollment confirmation message, click the “Close” button.
- Click the title for the group, “SPC Quality Enhancement Plan – Critical Thinking.”
- You will now be in the group, and can proceed with reading announcements and following other directions. The next time you log on to ANGELtraining, you’ll see the “SPC Quality Enhancement Plan – Critical Thinking” group that you can access directly, without having to enroll again.