Early Admission: Spend your high school senior year as a full-time SPC student
This full-time program offers students the chance to spend their senior year attending all of their classes at SPC campuses, where they can complete high school graduation requirements while earning credits toward a college degree. There is no cost for the application, tuition or textbooks.
Which program is right for you?
Compare SPC's Dual Enrollment, Early College and Early Admission programs
Students who have completed three years of high school with a minimum of 18 credits earned, and who meet the qualifying high school GPA and College Placement Test score requirements. (Student must have been enrolled in a Pinellas County high school for a minimum of one term immediately prior to entering the Early Admission Program.)
What's required to enroll?
- Unweighted cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Satisfactory scores on the College Placement Test (CPT/PERT) or SAT/ACT.
- Completion of the high school physical education (HOPE), Geometry and World history graduation requirements.
- All standardized state assessment graduation requirements met.
- Completion and submission of the Application for Early Admission to College form and current transcripts.
- Enrollment in a minimum of 15 credit hours each term and maintaining at least a 2.0 (C average) college GPA.
- Transportation to classes at SPC.
Early Admission students no longer attend classes at their high school, but remain enrolled in their assigned high school and can participate in the school's extracurricular activities while taking classes at SPC. Admission is limited at each campus - Clearwater, St. Petersburg/Gibbs, Seminole and Tarpon Springs Campuses. There is no cost for application, tuition or textbooks. Students follow the SPC academic calendar.
How to Apply
- You must attend an information session. Check this website for upcoming dates and times.
- Complete a St. Petersburg College application.
- Complete the College Placement Test.
- Submit the College Placement Test scores, high school transcripts and Application For Early Admission To College form to the Early Admission Program Office by the deadline on the checklist.
Interested in staying at SPC after high school?
If you are a current dual enrollment student and want to continue your college education at SPC after you've met all your high school graduation requirements, please follow these steps:
- Complete our Dual Enrollment Transition Form
- Meet with an SPC Academic Advisor on your home campus to complete the required steps to enroll.