Internship and Career Connection
Visit our WordPress blog at www.spcollege.edu/internshipblog for a variety of great articles on job opportunities, internships, trends and the latest news and events.
Earn free college credit for high school, technical school and industry certification programs
As a Pinellas County Schools student, you may receive free college credit for high school and technical programs through a partnership between St. Petersburg College and the Pinellas County School Board. Your free credits may be applied to certificates and associate of science degrees at SPC provided you meet the requirements outlined in the partnership agreements.
You pay no tuition for credits you receive through the partnership.
To receive credit
- Complete a career, technical or academy program at your high school or technical college.
- Earn a GPA of 3.0 or better in your program and an overall unweighted GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Meet with your school counselor to complete an SPC Request for Articulated Credit form.
- Apply to St. Petersburg College and select the A.S. degree or certificate program that relates to your high school or technical school program.
- Sign and mail the completed form to the following address:
St. Petersburg College
P.O. Box 33089
St. Petersburg, FL 33733
Industry certifications and state programs
SPC programs you can apply free credits to include:
- Architectural Design & Construction Technology
- Business Administration, including four sub-plans
- Computer Networking
- Computer Programming and Analysis
- Criminal Justice Technology
- Dental Hygiene
- Digital Arts, Media and Interactive Web Design
- Drafting and Design Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- Engineering Technology
- Environmental Science Technology
- Financial Services-Banking
- Health Information Technology
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Information Technology Security
- Insurance Services
- Photographic Technology
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Technology Management
- Veterinary Technology
- Website Development
Did you complete a Career or Technical program in Hillsborough, Hernando, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Sarasota or Manatee counties? Do you want to attend St. Petersburg College? SPC is a member of the Tampa Bay Career Pathways Consortium, a partnership between certain secondary and postsecondary schools in the Tampa Bay metro area with career pathways between high school, career center and state college programs. For more information about these schools and potential free college credit, visit our website or contact your guidance counselor.
You also can download the Request for Credit form.