career pathways students

Wordpress blogInternship and Career Connection
Visit our WordPress blog at for a variety of great articles on job opportunities, internships, trends and the latest news and events.

Earn free college credit for high school, technical school and industry certification programs

As a Pinellas County Schools student, you may receive free college credit for high school and technical programs through a partnership between St. Petersburg College and the Pinellas County School Board. Your free credits may be applied to certificates and associate of science degrees at SPC provided you meet the requirements outlined in the partnership agreements.

It's free

You pay no tuition for credits you receive through the partnership.

To receive credit

  1. Enroll in one of the career, technical or academy programs at your school.
  2. Complete the program with a B average or better and earn an overall unweighted GPA of 2.5 or better.
  3. Meet with your school counselor to complete an SPC Request for Articulated Credit form.
  4. Sign and mail the completed form to the following address:
    St. Petersburg College
    Attn:Central Records
    P.O. Box 33089
    St. Petersburg, FL 33733
  5. Enroll at SPC in the certificate or associate of science degree program that correlates with your high school or technical school program within three years of taking the class or classes.

See all the programs available at high schools and pTEC.

Industry certifications and state programs

You can also earn free college credits at SPC towards certain A.S. degree and certificate programs after earning industry certifications or completing courses at other state institutions.

SPC programs you can apply free credits to include:

TBCPCDid you complete a Career or Technical program in Hillsborough, Hernando, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Sarasota or Manatee counties? Do you want to attend St. Petersburg College? SPC is a member of the Tampa Bay Career Pathways Consortium, a partnership between certain secondary and postsecondary schools in the Tampa Bay metro area with career pathways between high school, career center and state college programs. For more information about these schools and potential free college credit, visit our website or contact your guidance counselor.

You also can download the Request for Credit form.