EpiCenter Services Bldg.
14025 58th St. North
Clearwater, FL 33760
P.O. Box 13489
St. Petersburg, FL 33733
- Purchasing will concentrate on activities which offer value to the College Community. The needs and desires of our faculty and staff will weigh heavily in our decisions while we remain mindful of our institutional and legal responsibilities.
- The President has vested with Purchasing the responsibility and authority for procurement of equipment, supplies, and services for the college. The policy of Purchasing, in recognition of this responsibility, is to obtain in the most expeditious manner possible all supplies, equipment, and services at the lowest cost to the college, consistent with desired quality, quantity needed, and availability.
- Collectively, we will strive for efficiency and effectiveness in all activities, the achievement of which will ultimately be reflected in the success of the College's prime customers - the students.
Code of Ethics
The St. Petersburg College purchasing department subscribes to the Code of Ethics of both NAEB and NIGP (excerpts of which are printed below) and all applicable laws of the State of Florida.
- To strive to obtain the maximum ultimate value of each dollar of expenditure in consideration of the objectives and policies of the institution.
- To demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal or written statement, an advertisement or a sample of the product.
- To decline personal gifts or gratuities or other things of value.
- To grant all competitive bidders equal consideration and to regard each transaction on its own merits; to foster and promote fair, ethical and legal trade practices.
- To accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit to all who call on legitimate business missions.
- To be governed by the highest ideals of honor and integrity in all public and personal relationships in order to merit the respect and inspire the confidence of the organization and the public being served. In addition, we believe that personal aggrandizement or personal profit obtained through misuse of public or personal relationships is dishonest and not tolerable.