The active and systematic process of communication, problem solving, evaluation, analysis, synthesis, and reflection, both individually and in community, to foster understanding, support sound decision-making, and guide action.
News & Events
- SPC's Accreditation Report Affirmed
- Critical Thinking Institutes
- Critical Thinking Collection
- View Faculty Testimonials by Discipline
- Journal on Excellence in College
Teaching: Teaching So Everyone Learns
- Critical Thinking Assessment Test (CAT)
- Assessment Rubric for Critical Thinking (ARC)
Quality Enhancement Initiatives
Student programs, activities and games helping students think critically.
Opportunities for faculty and staff at the College to develop the ability to impact students' critical thinking skills.
Electronic critical thinking tools for traditional face-to-face, blended, or online classrooms.
- Discipline-Specific Instructional Portfolios
- RLO Repository
- Critical Thinking Resource Centers
- Journals | Articles | eBooks
- Newsletters | Alerts/RSS Feeds