St. Petersburg College offers a 45-week Paramedic Post Secondary Adult Vocational Program that prepares graduates for certification as a paramedic. The program consists of 1,103 contact hours, including classroom instruction and a required number of hours and competencies in the clinical environment and field setting.
The program is divided into three phases, each 15 weeks long. Classroom sessions are held two days a week for 8 hours each day and follows a shift-friendly schedule.
Students who successfully complete this program will have the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to be a member of the emergency medical services team.
- St. Petersburg College focuses on student success by offering students tools to help achieve their academic goals.
- Experienced, passionate, and caring faculty and staff
- Free one on one academic coaching by experienced clinicians
- Full-time admissions advisor, Mr. John Crane, located at the Health Education Center
- Access to services at nine campus libraries
- Free bus service any time, on all routes, including regular and express routes, shuttles and trolleys
- Access to the New Initiative Program (NIP), providing free academic support to health and pre-health students
This program is pending accreditation by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP) through the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for EMS Professionals (CoAEMSP). The program curriculum follows the standards established by the National EMS Education Standards and is approved by the Florida Department of Health, Bureau of Emergency Medical Services.
The Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for EMS Professionals can be contacted at the following address or phone number. For additional information, visit www.coaemsp.org.
Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for EMS Professionals
8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite #111-312
Rowlett, TX 75088
- Paramedic PSAV program costs and program comparisons
- Admission Guide
- Students accepted into the program will be required to successfully pass a background check and drug screening.