Earn an Addiction Studies Certificate
This program prepares you for entry level work in the field of alcohol and substance abuse prevention or addiction treatment. The Human Services Program is a single-source provider with the Florida Certification Board (FCB).
Continuing your Education
- This certificate transfers to our Social and Human Services A.S. Degree, which transfers to our bachelor's degree in Health Services Administration.
- Behavioral health technician
- Certified addiction professional or specialist
- Drug treatment counselor aide
- Substance abuse technician
As the human services industry moves toward more community-based services, there will be an increasing demand for trained human services professionals. Professionals with technical and interpersonal skills that can address social, emotional and cognitive problems will remain in demand. Employment in private agencies is expected to grow, as governments continue to contract out services to the private sector to cut costs.
- Basic counseling skills and treatment modalities
- Behavior modification and therapeutic interventions
- Legal and ethical responsibilities