Learn the latest in digital media like 2-D and interactive web concepts. With our programs, you'll be prepared to work with software for desktop design, publishing and presentations in administrative, technical, design and professional positions that require web-based, digital media and print quality graphics.
What you will learn:
- Layout, design, typography and digital graphic techniques to solve specific communication challenges
- How to correlate form and content in creative design solutions
- How to optimize image output for print, web and multimedia publishing through resolution, color management, image and texture creation
- How to create special effects using the latest design software.
Continuing Your Education
Our digital media certificates transfer to specific sub-plans of our A.S. degree in Digital Arts, Media and Interactive Web Design. This 64-credit-hour degree can benefit you if you're working in the field and want to update your design and computer skills.
Our programs can prepare you for the following careers:
Learn your craft using the latest software technology, including Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, Avid Pro Tools and Logic Pro 9. A full working studio is decked out with a green screen, a sound-proof audio editing booth and high-end iMacs with video editing decks that are run through 42-inch LCD monitors. Each year, digital media students can compete in the Semmy Awards, an annual event open to all SPC and high school students.
- Adobe Creative Cloud: including Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects and Audition
- Final Cut Pro X
- Avid Media Composer