Join the growing biomedical engineering technology field
Explore medical technology and increase your technical skills as a biomedical engineering technician. This profession, a bridge between healthcare and technology, is your opportunity to truly make a difference in someone's life. Florida's prevalence of healthcare facilities and medical device manufacturers offers an opportunity to enter a growing career path.
This degree provides an integrated educational experience designed to fast-track you into a career with a healthcare institution, medical device manufacturer or service company, or even with an international organization dedicated to improving health care in third-world and developing countries.
The coursework in this program prepares you to be an industry-certified Biomedical Equipment Technician.
Through SPC's Biomedical Engineering Technology A.S Degree, you can:
- Complete an internship, giving you valuable experience
- Gain hands-on practice working with medical devices
- Interact with industry professionals
- Prepare for the following nationally-recognized industry certifications:
- CBET (Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician)
- CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management)
- CompTIA A+ (Computing Technology Industry Association certification for service technicians)
Biomedical equipment technicians:
- Select, install, test, calibrate, diagnose, maintain and repair sophisticated medical equipment and integrated technologies such as patient monitors, defibrillators, CAT scans,electrocardiograms, magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasounds and x-ray machines
- Educate and support clinical staff in proper use of complex medical equipment
- Hospitals, clinics, health maintenance organizations and managed care agencies
- Companies that manufacture, install, manage and service medical equipment
- Public health and government agencies