Explore SPC's Funeral Services A.S. Degree
With our Funeral Services A.S. Degree, you gain the technical expertise and communication skills to become a licensed funeral director or embalmer or registered direct disposer in the state of Florida.
- Can be completed in as little as 18 months
- Prepares you for quick entry into a career
- Gives you hands-on experience
- All classes in this program can be taken online except for three lab classes in Restorative Art and Embalming, which you take at the Health Education Center.
- Aims and Objectives
- Essential Functions
- You can enroll at any time in the Funeral Services A.S. degree program, which does not require an additional health admissions application.
Continuing Your Education
SPC's Funeral Services A.S. Degree transfers to our bachelor's degree in Health Services Administration.
Our program prepares you to become a funeral director.
What You Will Learn
- Embalming and restorative techniques
- Standards of professional and ethical conduct
- Health, safety and legal requirements
To become a licensed funeral director and/or embalmer in Florida, you must pass the written National Board Examination, complete a one-year internship under the direction of a licensed funeral director and embalmer, and pass the Florida board exam on rules and regulations.
Program Accreditation and National Pass Rates
The Funeral Services degree program at St. Petersburg College is accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education (ABFSE), 992 Mantua Pike, Suite 108, Woodbury Heights, NJ 08097, (816) 233-3747. Web: www.abfse.org.
National Board Examinations pass rates, graduation rates and employment rates for this and other ABFSE-accredited programs are available at www.abfse.org.
To request a printed copy of this program's scores and rates, go to Health Education Center room 154 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone 727-341-3781.
Program Information - St. Petersburg
|# of New|
* Timely graduation = complete program in 1½ times designated program length.
** Left before completing the program; did not finish.
National Board Statistics - St. Petersburg
|3 year Average||% Pass Arts||% Pass Sciences|
|2016 - 2014||84%||86%|
|2015 - 2013||78%||81%|
|2014 - 2012||81%||81%|
|Most recent||# Takers||# Passed|