Medical Coder Certificate leads to industry certification
Help keep medical practices on track by ensuring data quality, accuracy and accessibility. Our program provides training in the clinical classification systems International Classification of Disease (ICD) and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT).
- Prepares you to take the Certified Coding Associate (CCA) credentialing exam through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Prepares you for quick entry into a career
- Covers physician coding and medical billing concepts
- Courses follow the guidelines set forth for Medical Coder certification programs published by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Gives you hands-on experience through professional practice courses held in acute care hospitals, nursing homes, and rehabilitation, psychiatric or assisted living facilities
- Offered completely online
- Admission Guide
- Technical Standards and Essential Functions
- Students accepted into the program will be required to successfully pass a background check and drug screening.
Our program prepares you to become an entry-level medical coder.
What You Will Learn
- How to transform medical diagnoses, procedures and injuries into designated numerical codes
- Anatomy, physiology, pharmacology and clinical disease processes