start your health care career with our Health Sciences Certificate
The courses in the Health Sciences Certificate prepare you for the certification examination in Excel Spreadsheets and are a part of the Health Sciences A.S. degree plan. You can also complete this certificate without pursuing the A.S. degree.
As part of the program, you will need to provide proof of CPR certification that is valid for two years and covers cardiac and breathing emergencies in adults, including the use of AED, and infant/child CPR, from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross by completion of HSA-2182 Health Services Management Concepts.
The Health Sciences A.S. degree transfers to our B.A.S. in Health Services Administration.
- Medical and health services manager
- Medical office specialist
- Health and social service manager
- Program manager
- Medical records manager
- Mental health program manager
- Nutrition services manager
- Practice administrator
What you will learn
- An understanding of health care delivery, medical language, anatomy and physiology, disease process and pharmacology within a health care organization
- Required administrative functions for an entry-level health services manager, including the management of medical supplies, departmental budgets, IT and reimbursement systems
- Legal and governmental requirements related to health services management