Become an R.N. with our Nursing A.S. Degree
Getting your nursing degree from SPC means you've made a solid career choice. With 2.7 million jobs, registered nursing makes up the largest health care field in the United States. With many nurses retiring and an aging population, Florida could face a critical nursing shortage in the coming years.
- Graduates are prepared to take the National Licensing Exam for Registered Nursing (NCLEX-RN).
Transitional A.S. Degree for Paramedics and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN)
If you are a licensed practical nurse, you can earn credit for your experience and education toward our LPN to RN Transitional Associate in Science Nursing degree. We also offer a transitional program for paramedics who want to pursue an A.S. Degree in Nursing.
Features of the A.S. degree
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN)
- Prepares you for the national exam to become a Registered Nurse
- Provides lecture and hands-on clinical classes as part of your learning experience
- Takes two years to complete
- Fully approved by the Florida Board of Nursing
- Offers a day or evening schedule
- Transfers to SPC's B.S. degree in Nursing
- Technical standards
- Nursing A.S. Degree Admission Guide
- LPN Transitional Nursing A.S. Degree Admission Guide
- Paramedic Transitional Nursing A.S. Degree Admission Guide
- Students accepted into the program will be required to successfully pass a background check and drug screening.
Continuing Your Education
Our Nursing A.S. degree transfers to our Bachelor of Science in Nursing completion degree for RNs. To be admitted to our BSN program, you need an active, unrestricted, unencumbered RN license; an A.S. degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution; and to have completed certain prerequisite courses.
Our program trains you to become a registered nurse, a career that is expected to grow in the decades to come.
- Long-term care facilities
- Physician offices
- Theoretical instruction and clinical experience in medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric and geriatric nursing
- Theoretical instruction and clinical experience in acute, long term and community settings
- Personal, family, community and mental health concepts
- Pharmacology and medication administration
- Legal and ethical requirements of the profession
SPC's Nursing A.S. Degree Program is fully approved by the Florida Board of Nursing and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road N.E., Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326.