Respiratory Care Programs
St. Petersburg College offers a very well established and highly successful Respiratory Therapist (RT) program, having produced highly qualified Registered Respiratory Therapists (RRT) since 1971. Our program uses the latest technology to teach students in this high-tech, high-demand field. Our on-site simulation hospital helps students feel comfortable practicing skills in a controlled setting.
Since the Respiratory Care program began at SPC in 1971, our students have continually performed significantly higher than the national average on the board examination for licensure.
Employment for graduates seeking placement in the field has remained at nearly 100 percent.
SPC's Respiratory Care Program is among a select group of programs to receive a Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) Distinguished RRT Credentialing Success Award. SPC's program has won for three conescutive years.
Earn your bachelor's degree
SPC offers the first and only completely online bachelor's degree in Health Services Administration with a concentration in Respiratory Care for current Registered Respiratory Therapists in Florida. This degree path meets the recommendation of the American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC) that 80% of respiratory therapists hold a bachelor's degree by 2020.
Our bachelor's degree:
- Is specifically designed for practicing RRTs to help them move up the career ladder in respiratory care
- Can be taken completely online
- Is accredited and transferrable
- Requires no clinical or campus time; the capstone experience can be completed in your local area
- Is affordable and is often covered by tuition reimbursement
- Offers eight-week courses, allowing you to focus on one or two courses at a time