Jump start your career with a Veterinary Technology B.A.S. Degree
Get ahead in your veterinary technology career with our online Veterinary Technology B.A.S. Degree. This degree gives you the knowledge and skills and a solid credential to further your career and become a leader in your profession. Our online program means you don't have to give up your job to finish your degree.
- Is entirely online
- Is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association through the Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities
- Provides advanced training in a wide range of skills including animal anesthesia, dental hygiene, emergency and critical care, pharmacology, nutrition, behavior, finance, supervision, practice management and legal and ethical responsibilities.
- Gives you advanced technical knowledge and principles of sound research design
- Prepares you to work in advanced clinical, educational, research and management settings.
- Advanced clinical applications
- Veterinary hospital management
- Combined clinical and hospital management
The overall job market for the veterinary profession is very good. The U.S. Department of Labor Statistics has identified veterinarians and veterinary technicians as two of the top five growth professions over the next 15 years. As veterinary clinics continue to grow in size and the types of services offered, the need for highly competent hospital managers will increase as well.
- Pharmaceutical sales or marketing
- Veterinary equipment and supplies
- Veterinary administration and management
- Specialty and referral hospitals
Scholarships for Veterinary Technology B.A.S. Degree students
The following scholarships are available for students in St. Petersburg College's Veterinary Technology B.A.S. Degree. To be eligible for any of these scholarships, you will need to apply online through the SPC Foundation. Requirements for each award are identified. Once enrolled in the BAS program, you must:
- Maintain a GPA in Veterinary Technology B.A.S. Degree of 3.3 or above
- Be in the Management track
- Be registered for at least two courses during the spring or fall semester
- Submit your essay to:
Dean - School of Veterinary Technology
St. Petersburg College
PO Box 13489
St Petersburg, FL 33733
The Golden Fund Scholarship
- Applicant does not need to currently be in the BAS program
- Applicant must be a graduate of an accredited veterinary technology program with a minimum 3.3 GPA
- Award will be contingent on acceptance and enrollment in the BAS Management Track
Suncoast Avian Society
- Baccalaureate student
- FAFSA required
- Demonstrated special interest and experience with birds
- Foundations application and letter with avian interest and experience detailed submitted to the Dean
- Foundations application, essay, and recommendations submitted to the Dean
Kelly Stadler Animal Lovers Memorial Scholarship
- Available to AS and BAS students. This scholarship can cover tuition, books, and fees. Two $750 scholarships are expected to be awarded annually. Candidates must be in good academic standing with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- Candidates must submit a one page essay describing why they are pursuing a degree in Veterinary Technology. Financial need will also be considered. The essay should be double spaced, using 12-point font. The essay should be submitted to the Dean.