Paralegal studies program Summary
The Paralegal studies courses identified in this certificate program will meet the educational requirement for the Certified Legal Assisting Examination administered nationwide by the National Association of Legal Assistants.
Paralegal within private law firms, governmental entities, or corporate legal offices.
- Applicants must have graduated with at least a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Applicants must have a 2.0 overall grade point average.
- Applicants must meet the College's Computer/Information Literacy Competency Requirement.
Certificate Program Goals
- Acquire and implement advanced critical thinking and analytical skills needed to effectively problem solve.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of communication and organizational skills within and outside the legal system.
- Execute the technical skills, including legal research and writing, needed to succeed in the legal profession.
- Exhibit the ability to deliver professional and ethical legal services in a culturally and locally appropriate manner.
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge and understanding of the American legal system.