Managing emergency response
Learning to coordinate disaster recovery and preparedness is a skill and an art. Our program prepares you to respond to natural and man-made threats and incidents that can involve many different agencies and resources.
Our certificates in Homeland Security and Emergency Administration and Management are part of our Emergency Administration and Management AS Degree. Our A.S. degree transfers to ourPublic Safety Administration BAS Degree.
Homeland security and emergency management careers
Our programs prepare you for jobs as Emergency Management Directors, Planners and Specialists or Security Management Specialists. To become certified as an Emergency Manager through the National Coordinating Council on Emergency Management (NCCEM), you need work experience.
With our Emergency Administration and Management A.S. Degree and Certificate you will learn to:
- Write emergency plans that meet local, state and federal guidelines
- Communicate as a crisis advisor
- Solve problems facing response teams
- Planning and executing emergency operations
- Effectively use federal, state and local mitigation programs
- Recover from disasters
- Provide emergency management public education