Prepare for your Linux certification
Learn how to manage Linux-based network systems with this 18-credit-hour certificate. This program also prepares you to take the CompTIA Linux+ industry certification exam, although the cost of the exam is not included in your tuition.
As part of your coursework, you are eligible for the following industry certifications:
- CompTIA Linux+
Continuing your education
This certificate transfers to our Computer Networking A.S. Degree, which transfers to our Technology Development and Management B.A.S. Degree.
Careers as a Linux System administrator
Networking specialists have become invaluable team members as businesses expand their use of networking to share resources and reduce expenses. Employment of network and computer systems administrators is expected to grow 28 percent through 2020, as organizations switch to newer, faster and more mobile networks.
Our program prepares you for entry-level work as:
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Computer Network Support Specialists
- Computer User Support Specialists
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
linux systems administrator skills
- The fundamentals of the Linux/Unix operating environments
- Linux system server administration
- Computer hardware and software installation, troubleshooting and configuration
- LAN concepts
- Network administration, management and security