Our Technology Development and Management B.A.S. Degree gives you a solid credential in the evolving information technology field. With this degree, you can achieve your goals as a manager, improve productivity in your organization and become a strong and effective leader in your information technology career.
Courses for our Technology Development and Management B.A.S. degree are taught in eight-week sessions that can be taken online or in a blended format. Concentrations for this technology bachelor's degree include data analytics, information security assurance, project management and software development.
Our technology bachelor's degree is perfect if you already have an associate degree, and the courses are designed by expert faculty and advisory committee members who work in the field. Technology courses in St. Petersburg College's technology associate degrees transfer to this bachelor's degree.
Technology Development and Management Careers
Technology development and management professionals are skilled at increasing businesses efficiency through technology solutions. Employment of computer and information systems managers is projected to grow 18 percent through 2020, as organizations switch to newer, faster and more mobile networks, requiring managers to help with the transition. Our program prepares you for the following careers:
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Computer Programmers
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Industrial Production Managers
- Information Security Analysts, Web Developers, and Computer Network Architects
- Network and Computer System Administrators
- Software Developers
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
With this degree you can:
- Effectively lead and manage small- to medium-sized project teams
- Develop fiscal plans and understand the financial implications of decision-making
- Execute, evaluate and manage projects
- Develop and implement innovative technology solutions to enhance the profitability of an organization
- Manage technology, security, information assurance and/or at-risk areas in an organization
- Analyze and improve strategic processes across an organization
- Create optimal value through information and technology
- Protect information and technology resources and provide leadership to the organization to ensure security and reduce risks