About Online Courses at St. Petersburg College’s eCampus
Forget about scheduling babysitters, fighting traffic, and rushing to class. eCampus' fully accredited online courses offer the convenience and flexibility of distance learning to help you earn your college degree, expand your job skills, or both. Choose from more than 3,500 courses in dozens of majors, with complete online associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, and certificate programs.
Are online courses right for me?
In general, the people most likely to be successful in online courses are:
- Very comfortable with working independently
- Persistent at getting the information they need
- Able to manage their time effectively
- Skilled at using computers and Internet technology
Online classes are an ideal option for some students; others prefer the traditional classroom setting. To help you evaluate how well prepared you are for an online college course, you may want to analyze your learning style and take our quick, fun online student readiness quiz.
Do I need a special computer or software?
No, but you'll need:
- A computer that meets eCampus' technical requirements as listed on the Technical Information page.
- Internet connection (some courses may require cable connection)
- E-mail account
- Current Web browser
How do online classes work?
Online courses start and end according to the regular SPC Academic Calendar. During the term, students and instructors interact online using a variety of technological tools including:
- Discussion forums
- Digital video recordings
- Whiteboards (interactive online drawing tools)
- Audio chats
- Assignment drop boxes
Individual classes have no pre-set meeting schedules, although discussions and online meetings may be held at specific times. Your course syllabus, assignments, and tests will be available online, and you'll submit your completed work electronically.
For a glimpse inside the virtual classroom and a look at the tools of online education, explore our sample online course.For more information about online classes, visit:
- Why choose St. Petersburg College’s eCampus?
- Tuition and fees
- Help and FAQs
- Courses and Programs
- Important tips for online students