How to apply for your Veteran's Benefits at SPC
Knowing your VA benefits and how they work for you at SPC can make all the difference in having a positive college experience. The following information will help you get you started.
- Go to the Veteran's Online Application website (VONAPP) and fill out the application.
- After submitting the application electronically to the VA, print out a copy and turn it in to the Veteran Services Office (VSO) on your home campus.
- Once you have received your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA, turn in a copy of this to your home campus VSO as well.
- Apply to SPC online and pay your application fee.
- Request that your academic transcripts be sent to SPC.
- Contact a Veteran's Services office for your next steps.
Veterans' Services Student Support Advisors
St. Petersburg/Gibbs Campus, Room SA-131
Allison Shenofsky, Veterans Services Student Support Advisor
(Also serves students from Allstate Center and Health Education Center)
Clearwater Campus, Room SS-102
Annelies Williamson, Veterans Services Student Support Advisor
Seminole Campus, UP-179
Sharon Clawson, Veterans Services Student Support Advisor
Tarpon Springs Campus, Room SA-132
Jessica Stephens, Veterans Services Student Support Advisor
Hours of operation
The Veterans Services Offices collectively keep the same hours as Student Services. Please call the office you intend to visit to discuss evening hours at that campus prior to your visit.
SPC’s Veterans Services Specialists monitor the academic progress of all students receiving educational benefits from the VA including veterans, active duty military, reservists and eligible dependents enrolled at the college.
Federal contact information
If your SPC Veterans Services Specialist cannot resolve your issue, you can contact the Veterans Affairs Regional Processing Office in Atlanta at 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551). This number will connect you to the VA Educational Information Line, where counselors should be able to provide additional information concerning benefits eligibility, payment status, etc.