Other Tarpon Springs Campus instructors and FALL 2013 classes they will teach:
3) If you are a NEW STUDENT interested in taking ESL for Academic Purposes classes at St. Petersburg College, here is information about getting started. Please read below for contact information:
First, if you are an International Student with an International Student Visa (or requesting a visa), please contact Ms. Angela Cole: Cole.Angela@spcollege.edu Phone (727) 791-2632. Please also see web site: http://www.spcollege.edu/central/international/.
Otherwise, if you are *not* an International Visa Student and have:
• proof of ONE YEAR or more of living in Florida and
• a green card, OR U.S. citizenship, or proof of asylum status
and if Tarpon Springs Campus is convenient for classes for you, please contact Ms. Pat Alvarez to get started in the registration process. Alternatively, you may enter the Administration Building of Clearwater Campus or St. Petersburg Gibbs Campus and inquire about registration at those locations. Ms. Pat Alvarez is the Testing Coordinator for the Tarpon Springs Campus. She helps new English language learners begin. Make an appointment with her at: Alvarez.Pat@spcollege.edu Phone (727) 712-5785. You will need to:
1. visit the Administration Building of St. Petersburg College with two proofs of residence--and a photo i.d.
2. complete an application form and pay a nominal charge of approximately $40
3. acquire a new student number;
4. schedule a time and day for the placement test to indicate your English levels--in reading, writing, vocabulary, grammar, and listening;
5. Pat Alvarez will contact you within a few days by phone or email to inform you of your course placements;
6. you will need to return to St. Petersburg College and complete the registration process with Pat Alvarez or any Academic Advisor. Just walk in and tell the Front Desk Receptionist that the purpose of your visit is to register for classes.
If Pat Alvarez is out of the office, you may also contact Dr. Laura Smith at (727) 712-5795 or Smith.Laura@spcollege.edu.
If I can assist you in meeting your learning goals, please email (quickest response) or call me at the Tarpon Springs Campus. Kindly speak or write in English, giving your full name, location, and the specifics of your request. I wish you all the best!
Our mission is YOUR success!
|0480 Spring Term 2014|
|EAP 1500 ADVANCED LISTENING/SPEAKING||965||TS||In Class||Jan 13 2014||May 9 2014|
|EAP 1501 ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION||1806||TS||In Class||Jan 13 2014||May 9 2014|
|EAP 1595 ADVANCED ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE I||964||TS||In Class||Jan 13 2014||May 9 2014|
|EAP 1695 ADVANCED ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE II||2221||TS||In Class||Jan 13 2014||May 9 2014|
|SLS 1711 PEER CLASSROOM/LABORATORY TUTORING AND PROCTORING||4762||TS||In Class||Jan 13 2014||May 9 2014|
|0475 Fall Term 2013|
|EAP 0495 INTERMEDIATE ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE||1038||TS||In Class||Aug 19 2013||Dec 13 2013|
|EAP 1501 ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION||1216||TS||In Class||Aug 19 2013||Dec 13 2013|
|EAP 1695 ADVANCED ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE II||269||TS||In Class||Aug 19 2013||Dec 13 2013|