Tarpon Springs Campus - St. Petersburg College
Lead EAP Instructor -- Dr. Jeanna Ojeda: Native English Speaker
EAP = ESL for Academic Purposes
Linguistics Ph.D., University of Florida
20+ Years of Experience Teaching EAP English Courses at SPC
My Professional Blog: http://jeannaojeda.wordpress.com/hello
Classes ARE FULLY Face-to-Face – To FULLY ENGAGE Students in the CLASSROOM & DIRECTLY MEET Learner Needs
Tarpon SPC’s EAP MISSION
To enhance the ACADEMIC ENGLISH skills and strategies of every learner
To boost workplace skills & preparation to earn a college degree or certificate
To enable personal enrichment & better community assimilation
A NOTE about FINANCING
EAP courses may qualify for financial aid – Top courses EAP1695 & EAP1500 earn credits for some degree programs
RETURNING STUDENT REGISTRATION
TWO EASY STEPS -- Register EARLY – BEFORE exams please!
Step 1 – VISIT Ms. Pat Alvarez or any Counselor / Advisor in ADMINISTRATION
… OR REGISTER ONLINE
1 – In Internet Explorer or Firefox (not Google Chrome) Go to: my.spcollege.edu …
2 -- ELECT the correct session: 0495 is for Spring 2015
3 – SEARCH for, SELECT & REGISTER in YOUR SEQUENTIAL next appropriate EAP Class(es), at Tarpon Springs Campus:
9-credit REQUIRED Reading, Writing, Grammar & Vocabulary:
• EAP 1695 Adv II ESL Class Number 2039 – Tuesday & Thursday -- 5: 00 PM to 9:00 PM – Beta 411
• EAP 1595 Adv I ESL Class Number 911 - Tuesday & Thursday – 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM – Beta 411
• EAP 0495 Intermed ESL Class Number 2418 – Monday & Wednesday – 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM – Beta 411
3-credit REQUIRED Listening & Speaking:
• EAP 1500 Adv List and Speaking Class Number 912 – Wednesday – 9:00 AM to 12:20 PM – Beta 411
• EAP 0400 Intermed II List and Speaking Class Number 762 – Tuesday – 6:00 PM to 9:20 PM – Beta 412
3-credit ELECTIVE (not required) Pronunciation = Accent Reduction:
• EAP 1501 Pronunciation Class Number 1679 - Monday - 9:00 AM to 11:40 AM – Beta 411
Step 2 – SUBMIT PAYMENT for Tuition and Fees -- TWO WAYS to SUBMIT PAYMENT
Students registered but who do not pay by the DUE DATE will lose their class seat & THEN MUST re-enroll and pay.
Have financial assistance (FAFSA)? Then visit FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE in ADMIN BUILDING to ask about payments.
PAYMENT METHOD 1) You may sign up for the Tuition Payment Plan (An Easier Way to Pay for College)
PAYMENT METHOD 2) You may pay all at once, at the BUSINESS OFFICE. Please take your fee schedule printout, to pay.
NEW EAP STUDENT REGISTRATION
NOTE: International Students with a Student Visas (or requesting a Visa) MUST follow the International Students Admissions Step-by Step Process Here:
1. Complete the application: https://www.spcollege.edu/survey/2314
2. Wait for confirmation from International Admissions
3. Pay the non-refundable fee of $140 by credit card, in-person, or mail
4. Review financial requirements: http://www.spcollege.edu/pages/international.aspx?id=2147484261
5. Have your high school transcripts evaluated: http://www.spcollege.edu/pages/international.aspx?id=2147484259
*** If you have a question about International Admissions, please contact International Admissions.
Phone: (727) 341-3251 (leave voicemail), email@example.com
Kyrsten Catlin – International Admissions Specialist
Address: District Office -- 6021 142nd Avenue North, Clearwater, FL 33760 (By appointment only)
OTHERWISE: NON-Student Visa Holders … MUST present the following at Administration:
• Proof of ONE YEAR or more of living in Florida … AND
• A green card, OR U.S. citizenship, OR proof of asylum status
If Tarpon Springs Campus is a convenient location, please contact Ms. Pat Alvarez or ANY COUNSELOR / ADVISOR, to get started in the registration process.
Alternatively, you may enter ADMINISTRATION of Clearwater Campus or St. Petersburg Gibbs Campus and inquire about registration at those locations. Ms. Pat Alvarez has experience in helping new learners begin EAP courses. Make an appointment at: Alvarez.Pat@spcollege.edu
Phone (727) 712-5785.
Here are the Steps to Follow:
1. Visit the Administration Building of St. Petersburg College with two proofs of residence--and a photo i.d.
2. Complete an application form and pay a nominal charge of approximately $40
3. Acquire a new student number;
4. Schedule a time and day for the placement test (English levels in reading writing grammar and listening;
5. Pat Alvarez or some other SPC Counselor / Advisor will contact you soon by phone / email. A phone
MESSAGE will be left at your number if you do not pick up the call, with your course placements;
6. You will need to return to St. Petersburg College to complete the registration process with Pat Alvarez or
any Academic Advisor. Come in and tell the Front Desk Receptionist: I need to register for classes.
7. After registering, submit payment. Students who pay before the due date will receive a monetary credit at
*** If Pat Alvarez is out, you may contact: Dr. Laura Smith at (727) 712-5795, Smith.Laura@spcollege.edu
If I can assist you in meeting your learning goals, please email (quickest response) or call (727) 712-5828 at Tarpon Springs Campus. Kindly give a clear message in English, with your full name, location, and the specifics of your request. *** Our Mission is YOUR Success!
Jeanna Ojeda , Ph.D. jeannaojeda.wordpress.com Associate Professor of ESL for Academic Purposes -- St. Petersburg College -- Tarpon Campus, Office Lyceum 143 (727) 712-5828, Ojeda.Jeanna@spcollege.edu
= Jeanna Ojeda has added information specific to this course.
(syllabus, video, class meeting times, etc.)