Financial Aid Academic Plans will only be assigned if you have an approved SAP Appeal. Students in this status will be able to receive financial assistance as long as they meet the conditions of their financial aid Academic Plan. SPC’s Financial Aid Academic Plan requires:
- Maintain a 2.0 Financial Aid GPA or better each term
- Complete 67% or more of enrolled coursework each term
- Enroll only in the specific courses required for your current degree program each term.
To view the courses required for your current degree program, login to MySPC, select My Learning Plan, select the Advisement tab, and select View my Advisement Report. Review your requirement year and term by expanding the Catalog Year section and Catalog Year Term. If your requirement year and term are more than 5 years old, or your program plan is incorrect, consult with a Student Affairs Generalist or Advisor to have it updated.
If you do not adhere to the requirements of your Financial Aid Academic Plan you will be placed on Financial Aid Suspension. As a result, you will lose your financial aid eligibility. No other appeals will be accepted unless the following specific extenuating circumstances apply:
- Death of an immediate family member (spouse, mother, father, guardian, sister, brother, son, or daughter)
- Major medical issue (i.e. requires hospitalization) experienced by the student or an immediate family member (as designated above)
- Domestic violence
- Involuntary call to active military duty
- Other extreme circumstances (case by case basis)