Students who are not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress, but whose SAP Appeal has been approved will be placed on Financial Aid Probation and assigned an individualized Financial Aid Academic Plan. Students in this status may be assigned a variety of interventions (i.e. mandatory tutoring, reduced course loan, less online coursework, etc.) and will be able to receive financial assistance as long as they meet the conditions of their Financial Aid Academic Plan each term. The Financial Aid Academic Plan is designed to ensure that you will be meeting SAP or graduating by a specific point in time. Although each plan is reviewed at the end of every term, the plan itself may be in effect for multiple terms.
In addition to the above, SPC's Financial Aid Academic Plan consists of the following requirements:
- Maintain a 2.0 Financial Aid GPA or better for enrolled coursework each term
- Complete 67% or more of enrolled coursework each term
- Enroll only in specific courses required for your current degree program each term.
To view the courses required for your current degree program, login to MySPC, select My Learning Plan, select the Advisement tab, and select View my Advisement Report. Review your requirement year and term by expanding the Catalog Year section and Catalog Year Term. If your requirement year and term are more than 5 years old, or your program plan is incorrect, consult with a Student Affairs Generalist or Advisor to have it updated.
If you do not adhere to the requirements of your Financial Aid Academic Plan you will be placed on Financial Aid Suspension. As a result, you will lose your financial aid eligibility. No other appeals will be accepted unless the following specific extenuating circumstances apply:
- Death of an immediate family member (spouse, mother, father, guardian, sister, brother, son, or daughter)
- Major medical issue (i.e. requires hospitalization) experienced by the student or an immediate family member (as designated above)
- Domestic violence
- Involuntary call to active military duty
- Other extreme circumstances (case by case basis)