This institutional grant program is awarded to students who are not Pell eligible but have unmet need.
An eligible student may receive an SPC SIG of up to $400 per term.
To be eligible for this grant, the student must meet these requirements each academic year:
- Complete a FAFSA.
- Your FAFSA should be processed by SPC's Priority Deadline Date of May 1. Funds are limited. There is no guarantee you will receive these funds. You must apply early.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Be a degree-seeking student (A.A., A.S., or bachelor's degree program) or enrolled in a financial assistance eligible certificate program.
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per term.
- Have a non Pell-eligible Expected Family Contribution, as determined by the FAFSA.
- Must not owe a repayment or be in default under any state or federal grant or loan program.
- Must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress at SPC.
Financial Assistance Services will verify your eligibility based on the information submitted on your FAFSA.