New! Summer 2015 Financial Aid
Summer financial aid
may be available based on enrollment and remaining eligibility for the year. You will only need to complete the Summer 2015 Student Loan Request if you are applying for student loans for the summer term. If you are eligible, Pell Grants and other grants will be automatically awarded after you enroll for summer term.
To apply for financial aid, you need to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The information you provide determines whether you qualify for federal and state grants and federal loans based on financial need.
You must apply for admission to St. Petersburg College and pay your application fee before the college will have access to your FAFSA information. To qualify for financial aid, you must be a degree-seeking student. You must submit all academic transcripts from prior schools attended and allow time for evaluation.
We strongly encourage students to file their FAFSA application as early as possible.
Easy as 1, 2, 3
- Gather the documents you'll need. In certain circumstances, the FAFSA allows a student and/or parent to use information directly from the IRS to complete the financial portion. SPC highly recommends this option, if available, as it can speed up the application process. IRS tax information is usually available two weeks after filing electronically or six to eight weeks if the tax return was mailed.
- Use the FAFSA on the Web worksheet to help you complete the FAFSA.
- Request a federal PIN. Your PIN is your electronic signature and is used each year to access all of your federal financial aid records. Parents of dependent students must apply for their own PIN.
- Complete a FAFSA as soon as possible after Jan. 1 each year, regardless of the date you begin colle ge.
- Applications submitted on or before May 1 are given priority consideration for many types of aid.
If you cannot complete a FAFSA online, call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 800-433-3243 to request a paper copy.
To help eliminate delays, file your tax return early and use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import income information.
You may estimate your income. Once your tax return is filed, you may go back in and update your income information using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
Make sure you choose SPC's school code: 001528.
- If you provide all required information and required signatures, your FAFSA will be processed and a Student Aid Report (SAR) will be sent to you and the colleges you have listed. Your SAR summarizes the data reported on your FAFSA.
- Three to five business days after you submit the FAFSA, go back to the FAFSA website to review your Student Aid Report for accuracy. Follow the directions on the SAR to submit any needed corrections.
- To add SPC, you will need to make a correction using your PIN.
- You do not need to send a copy of your SAR to SPC.
- Check your financial aid status and To Do list.