Fall 2014 Honors Class Schedule - Register now!
View the Fall 2014 Schedule and learn how you can meet general education requirements with other advanced students in our Interdisciplinary Studies Program. You do not have to be a member of the Honors College to take honors classes.
Honors courses vary from regular classes in many ways. Among them:
- Students are active participants in class discussions and activities
- Students are exposed to interdisciplinary theories and analysis and international and diverse perspectives not available in non-honors courses
- Students experience innovative teaching techniques
- Students are encouraged to develop research skills
- Students are required to use instructional technology in their courses
SPC offers honors classes in:
- Arts and Humanities
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Social Sciences
Graduation Requirements with Honors Diploma or Certificate
To graduate with an honors college diploma or certificate, you must complete the 3-credit Honors Cornerstone Seminar IDH-2029H AND one of the following:
- For an Honors diploma, you must earn 18 credit hours of honors-designated courses with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- For an Honors certificate, you must earn 11 credit hours of honors-designated courses with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher