Spring 2015 Honors Classes - Register now!
View the Spring 2015 Courses (not a final version) and learn how you can meet general education requirements with other advanced students in our Interdisciplinary Studies Program. You do not have to be a member of the Honors College to take honors classes.
Honors courses vary from regular classes in many ways. Among them:
- Students are active participants in class discussions and activities
- Students are exposed to interdisciplinary theories and analysis and international and diverse perspectives not available in non-honors courses
- Students experience innovative teaching techniques
- Students are encouraged to develop research skills
- Students are required to use instructional technology in their courses
SPC offers honors classes in:
- Arts and Humanities
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Social Sciences
Graduation Requirements with Honors Diploma or Certificate
To graduate with an honors college diploma or certificate, you must complete the 3-credit Honors Cornerstone Seminar IDH-2029H AND one of the following:
- For an Honors diploma, you must earn 18 credit hours of honors-designated courses with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- For an Honors certificate, you must earn 11 credit hours of honors-designated courses with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher