Translate this page


SPC cannot guarantee the accuracy of Google Translates.

Planning your class schedule

International Students
Planning your Class Schedule  Register Now
View FAQs
Contact Us 

Registration and attendance

You must report to the school that issued your I-20 within 10 days of your arrival in the U.S.


Proof of high school graduation is required. High school and university transcripts must be translated into English and evaluated by one of the services listed on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services  website. A document evaluation for high school and a course by course evaluation for university may be submitted to your international advisor. Your  university credits may be transferable.

Degree options

Review degree options for students attending SPC on an F-1 visa.

Course load

The minimum course load you must complete during the fall and spring terms is 12 credits per term. If your first term is in the summer, the minimum course load is 12 credits. Taking less than the minimum number of courses will put you out of status with immigration. You may take only one three-credit online course toward your 12 credits. Under special circumstances, you may be approved by the international student officer/advisor to take a course load that is less than required by immigration regulations.

For your final term, you may take only the number of credits required to complete your program. Fewer than 12 credits are allowed. Check with your ISS office to ensure that you have submitted proper documentation.

English Language Skills and Resources

To determine your placement in college courses you must complete our College Placement Test or provide official transcripts showing college-level coursework. Official results must be mailed in a sealed envelope from the evaluation company to us at:

St. Petersburg College
International Student Services, SPG
P. O. Box 13489
St Petersburg, FL 33733

Once your scores are ready, you will need to meet with an academic advisor to select a program and classes for the semester.  As an F-1 Visa student you are required to be enrolled in full-time course load which consist of the following:

Please note that failure to be enrolled in a full course of study will result in termination of your student visa. If in doubt, visit the International Student Services Office since we are the only individuals authorized to provide you with advice related to your F-1 status.