Italy Study Abroad
NOTE: ONLY 6 SPOTS LEFT
Complete process by*
Feb. 15, 2017
May 15 – Jul 17, 2017
Jul 7-17, 2017
Experience Rome, Siena and Florence
Why study Humanities in a classroom when you can experience it in Italy? The history, art, architecture, landscapes and culture of Italy are waiting for you.
- Taking in the breathtaking views of the Tuscany region from the medieval towers of San Gimignano
- Relaxing with an Italian coffee in Siena’s Piazza del Campo
- Watching the sunset as you stroll across Florence’s romantic Ponte Vecchio (old bridge)
- Climbing to the top of Brunelleschi’s Dome
- Joining an authentic Italian cooking class in Florence
- Marveling at the genius of Michelangelo’s Sistine chapel
- Walking among the ruins of the historic Coliseum and the Pantheon
This memorable 10-day program is just around the corner. Explore the detailed itinerary, program costs and meeting schedule online.
*Apply early - space is limited! Application, all forms, payments, visa (if necessary), etc. must be processed and completed by the deadline of Feb. 15, 2017.
Student Travel Blog
For a taste of what it's like to study abroad in Italy, or to follow our students as they travel, read posts from the Italy program.
Please mark your calendar for the following mandatory meetings.
All participants are required to attend all meetings in order to participate in the Study Abroad program.
Note: all meetings will take place on the Clearwater Campus from 2pm-4pm.
- Friday, March 10, 2017 - Meet and Greet
- Friday, May 19, 2017 - Lecture
- Friday, June 16, 2017 - Farewell Meeting and lecture
- Friday, July 28, 2017 - Re-Entry Meeting and lecture
Students must enroll in one course from the list below.
Note: Please talk to an advisor to ensure you have met all college enrollment requirements AND course prerequisites.
Professor: Tim Wolter
||Western Humanities Ancient through Renaissance*
||Study Abroad in Humanities – topic 3**
*Prerequisite: If your CPT scores require that you take either ENC 0025 (Developmental Writing II) or EAP 1695 (Advanced English as a Second Language II) you must complete them before you can register for this class.
**Prerequisite: If your CPT scores require that you take either ENC 0025 (Developmental Writing II) or EAP 1695 (Advanced English as a Second Language II) you must complete them before you can register for this class..
Lead faculty contacts
After you submit the application online, we will review your application and e-mail you with details of scheduling your interview with the Italy program lead faculty, Tim Wolter, 727-341-4206.