Our campus Service Centers offer:
- answers to questions about the GI Bill and veterans educational benefits
- information and guidance about entitlements, filing claims to the VA, certifying enrollments at the college and maintaining satisfactory course pursuit
- assistance in signing 60-day VA deferment to finalize payment for SPC enrollment fees
- free use of computers
- opportunities to socialize with other student veterans
- information about SPC campus life
If you receive VA benefits, you must visit one of the two Veterans Services Centers during registration or whenever class schedule changes occur.
Veterans Services Student Support Advisors
St. Petersburg/Gibbs Campus, Room AD-120
(Also serves students from Allstate Center and Health Education Center)
Larry Hobbs, Veterans Services Student Support Advisor
Phone: 727-341-4271 | Fax: 727-341-4279
Clearwater Campus, Room SS-102
Seminole Campus, PB 601
Allison Shenofsky, Veterans Services Student Support Advisor
Phone: 727-394-6204 | Fax: 727-394-6166
Tarpon Springs Campus, Room AG 105
Hours of operation
The Veterans Services Offices collectively
keep the same hours as Student Services. Please call the office you intend to
visit to discuss evening hours at that campus prior to your visit.
SPC’s Veterans Services Specialists monitor the academic progress of all students receiving educational benefits from the VA including veterans, active duty military, reservists and eligible dependents enrolled at the college.
Federal contact information
If your SPC Veterans Services Specialist cannot resolve your issue, you can contact the Veterans Affairs Regional Processing Office in Atlanta at 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551). This number will connect you to the VA Educational Information Line, where counselors should be able to provide additional information concerning benefits eligibility, payment status, etc.