Our campus Service Centers offer:
- answers to questions about the GI Bill and veterans educational benefits
- information and guidance about entitlements, filing claims to the VA, certifying enrollments at the college and maintaining satisfactory course pursuit
- assistance in signing 60-day VA deferment to finalize payment for SPC enrollment fees
- free use of computers
- opportunities to socialize with other student veterans
- information about SPC campus life
If you receive VA benefits, you must visit one of the two Veterans Services Centers during registration or whenever class schedule changes occur.
Veterans Services Specialists
St. Petersburg/Gibbs Campus, Room AD-120
(Also serves students from Allstate Center and Health Education Center)
Larry Hobbs, Veterans Services Specialist
Phone: 727-341-4271 | Fax: 727-341-4279
Clearwater Campus, Room SS-102
Leta Carreira, Veterans Services Specialist
Phone: 727-791-2676 or 727-791-2686 | Fax: 727-791-2734
Seminole Campus, PB 609
Allison Shenofsky, Student Support Advisor
Phone: 727-394-6204 | Fax: 727-324-2019
Tarpon Springs Campus, Room SA 120
Enrique Bernal, Veterans Services Generalist
Phone: 727-712-5848 | Fax: 727-444-6853
Hours of operation
Veterans Services Centers are open the same hours as all SPC Student Services.
SPC’s Veterans Services Specialists monitor the academic progress of all students receiving educational benefits from the VA including veterans, active duty military, reservists and eligible dependents enrolled at the college.
Federal contact information
If your SPC Veterans Services Specialist cannot resolve your issue, you can contact the Veterans Affairs Regional Processing Office in Atlanta at 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551). This number will connect you to the VA Educational Information Line, where counselors should be able to provide additional information concerning benefits eligibility, payment status, etc.