Hospitality and Tourism Management
If you're seeking a career that can take you nearly any place in the world, check out the Hospitality and Tourism Management program. Students in this program are highly recruited for employment at local, national and international companies. After all, hospitality and tourism is the world's largest industry.
SPC offers top-notch courses in this field, with several options, including a graduate degree, to help you become a professional. Those options are:
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Associate in Science degree - In this two-year program, you'll focus on several topics such as customer service, front office procedures and food service operations. Your profession-oriented courses will be supplemented by general education courses such as Composition, Ethics and computer applications.
- Food and Beverage Management (one-year certificate) - Learn what it takes to become an effective manager in the food and beverage industry. In this program, you'll learn about supervision, cost control, sanitation and the laws governing the food and beverage business. In addition to classroom instruction, you'll gain on-site experience at major restaurants and hotels.
- Rooms Division Management (one-year certificate) - This certificate is designed to prepare students for employment as supervisors and managers in hotels, resorts and cruise lines, as well as related hospitality sectors.
- Convention and visitors' bureaus
- Corporate food service
- Country clubs/yacht clubs
- Cruise lines
- Time share companies
- Tourism companies
- Trade show and exposition companies
For more information on the hospitality and tourism management certificate and Associate in Science programs, call (727) 394-6165. For more information on the bachelor's and master's programs, call (727) 341-3104.