Student Clubs - Seminole Campus
Student Clubs and Organizations, Seminole Campus
Student Life & Leadership provides SPC/SE students the opportunity to become more involved within their school & community. You will develop leadership skills, have access to more scholarships, and meet new friends through…
Advisor: James Klinedinst
Promote mathematics appreciation and mathematical careers.
Advisor: Sheree Greer
Interim Contact: Mike Poliquin
The purpose of the St. Petersburg College Hospitality Club (SPCHC) is to:
- Foster more professionalism among employees and prospective employees in the hospitality industry and to raise the standards for management and services
- Help raise the Florida tourism experience to the highest possible level
- Foster well being and family atmosphere among all members and employees in the hospitality industry
Advisor: Maria Escott
The International Club is open to both international students and U.S. students. The club members strive to promote a better understanding between international and U.S. students by introducing other cultures to the College and surrounding community through educational, social, recreational and cultural events.
Club leaders are elected annually. Officers include president, vice president, secretary, and historian. There are no club dues.
Advisor: Joe Hill
MAX Club helps male students maximize potential. Join MAX, a student club where men connect to:
- Graduate from college
- Find jobs in their field
- Enjoy positive experiences
- Develop friendships with students and mentors
Options tailored to your needs. Designed by men for men, each SPC campus has a faculty coordinator committed to your success. But only you can decide which opportunities to pursue:
- Club activities
- Professional networking
- Seminars and workshops
- Community resources and outreach
- Early academic alerts
- Academic planning
- Financial planning
Advisor: Dr. Tony Smith
Members of the Student Music Club at SPC Seminole Campus will have the opportunity to:
- Explore, Discuss, and Evaluate Various Genres of Music; including Rock, Rap, Hip-Hop, Heavy Metal, Pop, Country, Alternative, Emo, Industrial, etc.
- Access numerous songs, videos, live performances, and artist/band info through the Club Website on ANGEL.
- Local artists (singers, musicians, etc.) can upload their material on ANGEL for others to see and hear.
- Communicate, network, and socialize with fellow musicians and music fans at the college.
- Enjoy live music performances from Club members at our meetings and at various SPC events.
- Develop your leadership skills
- Enjoy fellowship opportunities with fellow students
- Attend local, state and international conferences
- Increase scholarship opportunities
- Gain intrinsic rewards from service projects
Advisor: Dr. Wendy Mitchell
Students at St. Petersburg College have an opportunity to become involved in one of the most well-known and respected organizations in the world, Rotary International. The Rotaract Club of St. Petersburg College is sponsored by the Rotary Club of Seminole and the Seminole Lake Rotary Club. The club was established to give students an opportunity to help others by addressing the needs and concerns of the community and the world. While participating in service projects, students get to network and learn more about chosen career paths.
Advisor: Chad Mairn
Advisor: Professor Osiris Albrecht
The Spanish Club’s purpose is to learn the culture and language and grow in appreciation for all of the Spanish speaking countries.
The Student Government Association is recognized by the College Administration as a representative voice of the student body's interests, concerns, and needs at the Seminole Campus of St. Petersburg College. SGA serves as a liaison between the student body and the College Administration.
SGA is also a member of the Florida College State Student Government Association (FCSSGA), which serves as the representative voice of all of the students in the Florida State College system.
Advisor: Ron Greenwald
Advisor: Professor Delynda Keefe
The Wave.... Web, Arts & Visual Entertainment Club fosters and champions the use of digital media in artistic, technical and educational communication. The Club encourages professional development by providing students, faculty and staff with the opportunity to meet, exchange ideas and share experiences in working with digital media. The social and educational activities of the Club promote the development of professional networks that will provide continuing support as members continue their careers in digital media.
Come relax in the Student Center, UP192. Watch TV, play games, study, and have lots of fun!
Malena (Maria) Buck, MS
Student Life & Leadership Coordinator, SE Seminole Student Government Advisor
*all info is subject to change