Online Learning and Services is very excited to announce that our collection of over 250 MyCourses tutorials for faculty has moved to a new site called MyResources. The most helpful feature of this new site is ability to search for specific tutorial topics. Type in a word or phrase and the search engine will generate a list of tutorials that match your search string. If you type quotes around your search string, the search engine will look for that specific phase. The MyResources site will also house information about the types of training opportunities offered by Instructional Design and Development.
Access the MyResources Website
As we prepare to start the spring semester Online Learning and Services would like to remind everyone of the following important items:
- MyCourses Faculty Hotline: A MyCourses Faculty Hotline (727-341-3500) has been set up to assist with any MyCourses related questions faculty may have during the start of the spring semester. The number will be staffed from 1/5/15-1/18/15. Hours are:
- Monday – Thursday: 7:00am – 8:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 12pm – 5pm
- Course Availability: All courses that start the week of 1/12, including face-to-face and online courses, will automatically be made available to students in MyCourses on 1/9.
- Registration Deadline for Online Courses: Registration for online courses will close on 11:00pm the Sunday before classes start.
- MyCourses Training for Students: Face-to-face MyCourses training will be available for students during the week prior to and the first week of the semester. View the schedule. Online training is available for students via the new “Introduction to MyCourses”. View instructions for accessing the “Introduction to MyCourses”.
Quick Guide Online Webinars will be starting on Nov. 10th. Quick Guide Online Webinars will be short, focused 30-minute sessions targeted on a specific tool within MyCourses. Each Quick Guide Webinar will provide faculty with step-by-step and video tutorials. Sessions are optional, and will be recorded for those who cannot attend.
Registration is required for attending each of the sessions. Please review the following tutorial on how to registration for the sessions:
How to Register for Online Learning and Services Training Sessions
To see the Quick Guide Online Webinars schedule click on the link below:
Quick Guide Online Webinars
A new training opportunity is coming from Online Learning and Services called Quick Guide Webinars. These will begin the week of Nov. 10. Quick Guide Webinars will be short, focused 30-minute sessions targeted on a specific tool within MyCourses. Each Quick Guide Webinar will provide faculty with step-by-step and video tutorials. Sessions will be recorded for those who cannot attend. The first sessions will be on:
- Attendance Tool
- Creating groups and understanding the types of group enrollments
- Reading, replying and sending email via the Classlist and Email Settings
- Managing the email inbox within MyCourses
The schedule and information on how to register will be announced during the week of Nov. 3. Please watch your SPC email and the Blue and White for this information. Please note that these sessions are meant to supplement the MyCourses Faculty Certification Course, not replace it.
Service Pack 10 will be installed on Monday, Sept. 15. Service Packs are installed to resolve currently known issues with the system. Service Pack 10 will resolve the following issues:
- Users no longer encounter an error when they open dropbox submission feedback files through Content.
- The Print option in Content now correctly prints multiple pages for HTML topics.
- In User Progress, the time spent in Content correctly displays number of days in addition to hours, minutes, and seconds.
- When accessing Discussions topics through the Content area, users are now brought to the top of the page they navigate to.
- Duplicate Calendar events are no longer created during the copy course process.
- Users can now successfully open dropbox submission feedback files through User Progress.