From orientation to graduation, St. Petersburg College puts students first. From the time students walk through our doors, whether physical or virtual, we give them the tools to earn the degree or certificate that will change their lives.
Since 2012, the college has focused on preparing students to succeed in their courses and finish what they start through The College Experience. We have found our efforts are paying off, as SPC students have improved their academic performance and are returning from one semester to the next to complete their degree.
The college has been nationally recognized for its College Experience efforts:
- SPC was one of 17 colleges nationwide to be honored by University Business magazine in its Winter 2015 Models of Excellence recognition program. Read more.
- SPC was selected as one of only 30 community colleges in the nation to participate in a three-year intensive Pathways Project, led by the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC). Read more.
- Achieving the Dream named SPC a Leader College, a national designation awarded to community colleges that commit to improving student success and closing achievement gaps. Read more.
"Access to education changes perceptions, but degrees and certificates change lives," said St. Petersburg College President Bill Law. "Good, sound research tells us that a college credential improves a person's earning potential, decreases the chance of unemployment and enhances overall quality of life."
College Experience: Student Success Reports
- College Experience Fall 2013
- College Experience Summer 2014
- College Experience 2013-14
- College Experience Fall 2014
- College Experience Spring 2015
- College Experience Summer 2015
- College Experience Fall 2015
- College Experience Spring 2016
- College Experience Summer 2016
- College Experience Spring 2017
- College Experience Summer 2017