Women on the Way (WOW) is a resource and support center developed to help women succeed in college. Many women trying to enter or return to college face time and resource challenges. In addition to meeting some basic needs for members, WOW offers opportunities for leadership, friendship and community service.
To Become a Member Students Must
- Be enrolled as a degree-seeking student on any SPC campus
- Complete My Learning Plan
- Be enrolled in at least six credit hours
- Maintain good academic standing
Women aiming for success
Our services empower adult learners to achieve academic, professional and personal success. Active members can:
- Be eligible to apply for WOW scholarships after one term as an SPC student
- Receive help planning your class schedule
- Receive clothing and toiletries as available
- Learn from weekly Lunch Bunch workshops on practical topics
- Participate in the Textbook Lending Library
- Access a list of resources and referral information (tutoring, housing, shelters)
- Join the Positive Directions Association (PDA) Club to add to your college experience
Services are available to students on every campus. Based on the Clearwater Campus, our facilities include a lounge where students can study, relax, unwind, make friends and share experiences. SPC Midtown also has a Women on the Way Resource Center.