WELCOME TO THE SPC INTENSIVE ENGLISH PROGRAM
Learn how to speak English while enjoying the beauty, warm weather and culture in Florida! The Intensive English Program (IEP) at St. Petersburg College is designed especially for international students. We offer a supportive, fun academic learning environment combined with a variety of cultural experiences.
IEP's mission is to advance the writing, reading, grammar, listening, and speaking proficiencies of nonnative speakers of English through intensive, active engagement in a learning community. International students visiting Florida and U.S. citizens can quickly learn English through this program.
- Caring, qualified teachers who provide weekly, face-to-face class time
- State-of-the-art classrooms and computer labs with free Wi-Fi
- Free, afterschool tutoring in the Learning Enhancement Center
- Cultural opportunities and enrichment experiences that enhance learning
FIVE LEVELS: Elementary – Advanced
|8:30 – 9:40 a.m.||Grammar|
|9:50 – 11 a.m.||Reading|
|11 – 11:30 a.m.||Lunch Break|
|11:30 a.m. – 12:40 p.m.||Speaking and Listening|
|12:50 – 2 p.m.||Writing|
- 22 classroom hours each week from 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Three terms a year (Fall, Spring and Summer); each level takes one term to complete
- Classes located at the SPC Clearwater Campus (2465 Drew St., Clearwater, FL 33764)
- Field trips and cultural events: IEP provides cultural opportunities and enrichment experiences that enhance learning. Plus, SPC is close to beaches, museums and theme parks like Busch Gardens®, the Magic Kingdom® at Walt Disney World, EPCOT®, SeaWorld®, and Universal Studios Florida®.
NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
New Student Orientation
Session 1 Start Date
*Session 2 Start Date
Last Day Of Classes
F-1 Application Deadline
June 1, 2022
October 1, 2022
March 1, 2023
Tuition Payment Due
Last Day To Drop (Receive Full Refund)
*LATE START FOR NEW AND TRANSFER STUDENTS ONLY
The Intensive English Program (IEP) at St. Petersburg College (SPC) will offer a $1,000.00 (divided over two semesters) scholarship to new & transfer F-1 students enrolling full-time.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student.
- The scholarship is only available for those starting between Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 terms.
- Be an F-1 student that is new to SPC, including transfer students.
No application is needed; a scholarship is applied at the start of the semester
F-1 VISA STUDENTS:
Visit our International Students Admission page for step-by-step instructions.
- Fill out the Request Information Form.
- Please contact our office to learn about part-time enrollment.
- Start degree classes at SPC, without an additional application
- View SPC degree options for International Students
The Associate in Arts degree is designed to transfer to a bachelor's degree at a state university or SPC. Along with classes to prepare you for your major at the four-year level, you also take at least 36 hours in these general education areas.
Guaranteed transfer to state universities - Florida's 2+2 system
Once you have earned your A.A. from SPC, you are guaranteed admission as a junior to one of the state's public universities to pursue a Bachelor of Arts or certain Bachelor of Science degrees. In Florida, this is called the 2+2 system, which allows you to pursue a bachelor's degree by first attending a state or community college and then transferring to a four-year institution.
At SPC, you take the same general education courses you would take as a freshman and sophomore at a university, but you get smaller classes and lower tuition costs - about 40 percent less than Florida's public universities. Explore SPC's A.A. transfer degree options. Exceptions to the 2+2 guarantee The 2+2 guarantee, however, does not automatically grant you admission to high demand universities or certain limited access programs and majors, as access to these is very competitive. Admission to these programs may require an additional admission process and can be based on GPA and completing the foreign language requirement and all common prerequisites.
"The Intensive English Program (IEP) is a friendly environment where learning is fun. Every day students grow and can learn about each other cultures. Studying at the IEP can give you many opportunities for personal and professional growth. This program made me grow and understand which is my path. Therefore, I am glad that I chose to study here and highly recommend it to everybody!"-Michele Guttilla, Italy
St. Petersburg College International Language Institute Intensive English Program is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation for the period December 2021 through December 2031 and agrees to uphold the CEA Standards for English Language Programs and Institutions. CEA is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency for English language programs and institutions in the U.S. For further information about this accreditation, please contact CEA, 1001 N. Fairfax Street, Suite 630, Alexandria, VA 22314, (703) 665-3400, www.cea-accredit.org