Volunteer Services at St. Petersburg College
St. Petersburg College launched its Volunteer Program in 1993. Since then, countless volunteers have provided precious time, energy, and care to aid students and the community at SPC. Diverse skill sets are provided by business professionals, parents, retirees and students ranging in age from 16 to 94 years. On an annual basis, volunteer members donate close to 15,000 hours across 11 campuses and learning sites.
- Become a valuable member of the SPC Titan Family
- Create new friendships with interesting people
- Develop new skills
- Earn a Certificate of Appreciation
- Explore new hobbies
- Improve the lives of others through a Community of Care
- Obtain a SPC Volunteer ID badge
- Participate in annual volunteer recognition event
Become a Volunteer
We appreciate your interest in becoming a valued volunteer member at SPC. Here are important items to consider before applying.
All applicants must:
- Be at least 16 years of age or older AND
- Successfully complete the application process outlined below
Volunteer Application Process
See what some of our valued volunteers enjoy most about their experience at SPC
“I love being able to give back to the school that has given me so much. Helping out students that were in the same position as me a few semesters ago is extremely rewarding.”
~Logan, Tutor at Learning Support Commons
"Volunteering with SPC...being of service, meeting others, and seeing events/shows."
~Virginia, Performance volunteer at Palladium Theater
"I love interacting with people and stimulating their enjoyment and understanding of art."
~Kimen, Docent at Leepa-Rattner Museum of Art
“Interacting with the public on reading, sense of accomplishment in providing additional resources to the library.”
~Julie, Assistant at Friends of the Library
CODE OF CONDUCT
All SPC volunteers shall follow our Code of Conduct:
- Follow time sheet guidelines
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor
- Dress appropriately
- Observe and follow SPC policies
- Maintain confidentiality
- Report promptly for each assignment
- Notify supervisor/Volunteer Services 24 hours in advance when unable to report
- Accept supervision and/or training as needed
Please see our Volunteer Handbook.
- Volunteer Services Exit Interview
Purpose: To provide feedback regarding volunteer experience
- Parental Consent and Release
Purpose: Parental consent and release for volunteers under age 18
SPC supervisors can review the volunteer request process here: