In order to receive your financial aid you must complete the Accept/Reduce/Decline awards process. Login to MySPC and follow these instructions:

  1. Choose the box titled Financial Aid.
  2. On the drop down menu on the left, select Awards, then select Accept/Decline
  3. Check the year. If you want to change the year, select Change.
  4. Read and agree to the Conditions of Financial Assistance.*
  5. Review the details of your award package before making decisions. Grants and scholarships are automatically accepted for you.
  6. Decline, reduce or accept the loans offered to you by selecting the pencil icon.* A field will open to complete your decision on the award. You can reduce any loan amount after checking the "Accept" box. If you have been awarded both a Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loan, you must accept the full Subsidized Loan before you can receive the Unsubsidized Loan.
  7. If you attend less than full-time during any term, your Cost of Attendance and financial aid award amounts will be adjusted. This could result in reduction or removal of loans or other financial aid.
  8. Use the links provided to complete Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note.*
  9. Select the green Submit button.

* You must complete these steps before your funds can be applied to your student account for tuition and fees.

Do I have to accept the student loan on my Award Letter?

If I accept my Stafford loan award, how will this affect other forms of student aid?