Details about Student Employment
When are jobs available?
Opportunities are available at all campus sites year round, but most positions are filled prior to the start of the term. Funding for student employment is limited, so positions are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
How much can I work?
Approved students can work up to 20 hours per week.
How am I paid?
Students are paid bi-weekly. Submit your worked hours in Webtime, which is most compatible using Firefox.
Am I eligible?
Candidates for the Student Assistant (SA) or Federal Work Study (FWS) programs must:
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Complete all MySPC To Do List items
- Be a degree-seeking student in an A.A., A.S., bachelor's degree, or financial assistance eligible certificate program
- Pass background check
- Maintain enrollment in at least six credit hours (audit courses do not count)
- FWS ONLY
- Maintain enrollment in at least six credit hours that are required for current major/program
- Submit FAFSA annually
- Have unmet need as determined by Student Employment staff
How do I apply?
- Complete the Student Employment Application
- Allow a minimum of 3 to 5 days for the background check and eligibility review
- When the review is complete, you will receive an email at the email address you provided on your Student Employment Application
- If you are approved, login to your application to view the current Job Postings
- Authorization for student employment must be renewed every 180 days. When your authorization has expired, a notice will appear on your application dashboard, with a link to resubmit your application for review.
NOTE: Be sure to select the Activate My Account button to complete this process.
NOTE: Submit your worked hours in Webtime by logging in to MySPC.