Opportunities are available at all campus sites year-round.

The Federal Work Study (FWS) program encourages community service work and requires need as a result of the FAFSA.

Types of jobs 

SPC has three options for students in the Federal Work Study program:

  • Community Service, designed to improve the quality of life for community residents, particularly low-income individuals, or to solve particular problems related to their needs
    • America Reads - tutoring elementary school students in reading
    • America Counts - tutoring middle school students in math
    • Rate of pay - $15 per hour
  • Working in different departments on campus
    • Rate of pay - $15 per hour
  • Financial Assistance Services Peer Advisor
    • Assist Financial Assistance Services on campus and in the Cyber Center by providing general information and assistance to students at the initial and intermediate stages of the financial aid process. Determine services needed by the student and refer them accordingly.
    • Rate of pay - $15 per hour

How you are paid 

You will be paid biweekly at the rates listed above. The amount you earn cannot exceed your total FWS award. When assigning work hours, your employer or Financial Aid Administrator will consider your award amount, your class schedule, and your academic progress.

What is a Federal Work-Study job?

The Student Assistant (SA) program may be available for some students who do not qualify for Federal Work Study.

Student eligibility is determined by availability of departmental funds.

How you are paid 

You will be paid biweekly at a rate of $15 per hour. When assigning work hours, your employer will consider your class schedule and your academic progress.

To qualify for student employment at SPC, international students: 

  • Are only eligible for Student Assistant jobs

  • View job openings and the online application
  • Once you are interviewed and receive a initial job offer, you must obtain a Social Security Number (SSN)

    • Contact the International Student Center to get an official job offer letter required for obtaining an SSN

    • Take the letter to a Social Security Administration office to request an SSN. The issued SSN will be for Work Purposes Only

    • Once an SSN is issued, follow up with the International Student Center for directions on how to add your SSN to your SPC student record

    • Watch for an SPC student email from Student Employment with your next steps