ACCESS TO ST. PETERSBURG COLLEGE CAMPUSES
Members of the general public are permitted to use some campus facilities when not in use by students. Classrooms and labs are restricted to students, faculty and staff. For security reasons, most buildings, classrooms and labs are kept locked when not in use. Refer to information on Emergency Numbers and our Emergency Response Guide for valuable safety and security information. Lost and found is handled differently by each campus. Please contact your Campus Security office for lost and found items.
Learn more about our weapons and firearms policy.
Campus evacuation video
Watch our video on campus evacuations to learn how to safely leave your classroom and campus.
Review safety guidelines for active shooter on campus
SPC wants to make sure you are prepared to respond quickly in the event of an active shooter situation on campus. Review safety guidelines.
Campus safety tips
- Avoid using stairs in remote sections of buildings.
- Never prop doors open, especially fire doors, even for a short time.
- Do not hold a locked door open for strangers.
- Call security if you wish to arrange an escort to your car.
- Employees: when working late, make sure doors are locked.
- Keep your valuables secured in a locked cabinet or drawer.
Tips for pedestrians
- Be alert and conscious of your surroundings.
- Utilize sidewalks where provided.
- Walk in groups and stay in well lit areas.
- If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic.
- Avoid walking in front of moving vehicles.
- Use available crosswalks when crossing service road.
- Yield to vehicles when not crossing at a crosswalk.
Safety tips for drivers
- Drive defensively: Anticipate the unexpected.
- Yield to all pedestrian traffic, exercising extra caution in parking lots.
- Always stop for pedestrians in crosswalks.
- When turning, be especially watchful for pedestrians and bicycle traffic.
- When passing pedestrians, reduce speed and maintain a safe distance.
- Avoid distractions and use cell phones equipped with hands free communication devices whenever operating a vehicle.
SEXUAL OFFENDERS LIST
By law we are required to notify you of sexual predators or sexual offenders attending or working at St. Petersburg College. The sexual predators or sexual offenders listed below have been identified by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement as indicating they either plan to attend or are attending St. Petersburg College.
There are no known sexual predators or offenders employed by the college.St. Petersburg College provides the link to state sexual offender and predator database but is not responsible for the site's maintenance. If the link to the state's sexual predator site does not work, the information can be obtained in the office of the campus provost, associate provost or security.The following registered sexual offenders and predators either notified SPC of an intention to enroll for class and/or have actually enrolled in the Spring 2020 term:Registered sexual offenders
- Devan Black, Clearwater, EpiCenter, St. Petersburg/Gibbs, Tarpon Springs
- Christina Butrick, Seminole, St. Petersburg/Gibbs
- Stephen Carlson, EpiCenter, Clearwater
- Patrick Ferguson, Seminole
- Terrell Hughes, Midtown
- Andrew Krauss, Clearwater
- Dexter Young, Downtown, Midtown, St. Petersburg/Gibbs
- Devin Letona, Seminole, St. Petersburg/Gibbs, Tarpon Springs
To search the Florida database, visit http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/homepage.do