St. Petersburg College's Incident Command System is a standardized, on-scene, all-hazard management concept. With each each incident, the campus Incident commander is designated to assess the situation and call in the Campus Incident Response Team which includes campus security, facilities, administration and other employees.
The U.S. Department of Education and Homeland Security recommends all key personnel involved in school emergency management and response be trained in the Incident Command System. The system helps to ensure the safety of responders and other and provides for the efficient use of resources.
WHO IS IN CHARGE?
- You may see a Command Post on campus
- Unified command allows Incident Commanders to make joint decisions by establishing a single command structure
- Students and employees should follow emergency notification alerts
MULTI AGENCY COORDINATION (MAC) SYSTEM
Multi Agency Coordination includes cooperation between:
- On-Scene Command
- State/National Resource Coordination Centers
- Emergency Operations Centers
Once an incident has been cleared and the emergency personnel have provided the "All Clear" message to the Incident Commander, the Incident Commander will notify SPC Administrators that an "All Clear" message has been received, which then can be sent to all parties identified in the activation plan.