Apprenticeships are perfect if you are looking for a formal way to earn experience and a living. Registered Apprenticeships offer a meaningful career path with salary increases along the way.
And according to the Department of Labor, workers who complete an apprenticeship program earn $300,000 more over a lifetime than their peers who don't.
What's in it for me as an employee?
- Start working from day one
- Earn more money as you master certain skills
- On the job training teaches you the skills
- Related classroom instruction in theory and practical applications
- Increased job security and career opportunities
- National credential when you finish
- An education and the potential to earn college credit, even an associate or bachelor's degree, in many cases paid for by your employer.
Apprenticeships are growing
During the 2019-20 program year, 1,603 apprentices completed their program and received an apprenticeship certificate with an average median exit wage of $21.27 per hour or an annual salary of $44,241.