New North County location open
St. Petersburg Collegiate High Schools (SPCHS) opened their newest location at the SPC Tarpon Springs Campus at the beginning of the 2019-2020 school year, creating many more slots for Pinellas high schoolers and making SPCHS an easier choice for North County parents. The St. Petersburg/Gibbs Campus location has been an A-rated Pinellas County public charter high school of choice every year since it opened in 2004. The schools focus on students' academic success in simultaneously earning a high school diploma, an Associate in Arts degree and a Bright Futures scholarship.
Other top national and state rankings
St. Petersburg Collegiate High Schools are among the nation's top-ranked secondary schools. Recent awards include:
- U.S. News & World Report named St. Petersburg Collegiate High School to its prestigious list of "2019 Best High Schools" and awarded St. Petersburg Collegiate High School a bronze medal.
- Designated by the State of Florida Department of Education a School of Excellence and an "A" School for 2019
- Newsweek named St. Petersburg Collegiate High School as one of "America's Top High Schools 2016," and ranked St. Petersburg Collegiate High School #2 in Florida and #55 in the nation
- Niche K-12 named St. Petersburg Collegiate High School as the #1 ranked 2020 Best Charter High School and the 2020 Best Public High School in the Tampa Metro area.
- St. Petersburg Collegiate High School was named a 2017 Exemplary High Performing National Blue Ribbon School.
- St. Petersburg Collegiate High School was named a Top 5,000 Stem High School 2020 by Newsweek for high schools in the U.S.
- Newsweek named St. Petersburg Collegiate High School one of “America’s Top High Schools 2016,” ranking SPCHS #2 in Florida and #55 in the nation and #53 in the nation for helping students of poverty excel.
- The state of Florida named St. Petersburg Collegiate High School a School of Excellence.
- SPCHS is a U.S. News and World Report “Bronze” level school.
- SPCHS has been an “A” school each year since opening in 2004.
- The SPCHS high school graduation rate was 100%.
- One National Merit Scholar Finalist, one National Hispanic Scholar, one National Merit Commended Scholar.
- 54 of the 91 seniors held a leadership role at SPCHS, SPC, or in the community
- SPCHS has been designated as a High Performing Charter School since 2011.
- SPCHS seniors gave over 16,000 hours of service to SPCHS, SPC, or in the community during their four years in high school.
- The Class of 2019 was awarded over 3 million dollars in scholarships.