NIP is currently offering modified hours on campus and encouraging online appointments. To schedule an appointment, please complete the NIP Appointment Form.
Learn more about how to access online tools for nursing and health programs.
The New Initiative Program (NIP) is a federally funded program that provides free academic help to health and pre-health students. Since graduates of these programs work in such critical occupations, our health education programs are quite demanding and require long hours of concentrated study. NIP's rich assortment of services and resources will help you meet these challenges. If you are seeking an A.S. degree, certificate or diploma in a health field, we can support you from the beginning to the completion of your program.
Health students can also use services like textbook and laptop lending and success plans through the Connections Program.
- Professional tutoring
- Resources, strategies and multimedia tools to help you succeed
- Custom solutions based on your needs
At the NIP Center, we offer hour-long individual tutoring sessions to answer any questions you have on class material. We can help you with any courses you are taking as part of your health program.
Schedule an appointment
- Call 727-341-3724
- Stop by the center in Room 199 of HEC
We accept walk-ins.
College survival skills and tips
- Note taking and study skills
- Overcoming test anxiety
- Reducing stress
- Time management
Review sessions in specific content areas are available. NIP staff members are available for individual or small group tutoring sessions.
Enter through Library
Health Education Center
7200 66th Street N
Pinellas Park, FL 33781
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
We offer workshops on an ongoing basis. Call our office at 727-341-3724 to confirm dates and times.
- Please see NIP Student Commons in MyCourses for Nursing Workshop Schedule and Resources
Materials offered include:
- An extensive collection of anatomy models (including hundreds of bones)
- Three microscopes with a large slide collection
- Histology laser disk (you can take a practice test using this to get ready for practicals)
- System reviews for nursing and anatomy
- Various handouts including "How to Survive Anatomy and Physiology"
- Practice problems for dosage calculations
- Practice questions for the NCLEX tests
- Interactive computer software
If we don't have something, we can probably tell you where to find it.
Manager, New Initiative Program
Sr. Instructional Support Specialist in Nursing