Incoming Transient Students
Do you attend another institution but want to take a course at St. Petersburg College? As a transient student who is enrolled at SPC temporarily, you can get ahead by taking classes for a lower tuition rate than state universities.
Learn more about Transient Student Financial Aid for incoming students.
important registration dates
In order to register for classes as a transient student, SPC requires approval from your home institution. Plan ahead so that SPC receives your approved form in time for registration. Transient students can register for classes on the first day of open registration.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR SUMMER 2020
- May 18: Full term and 1st 8-week session classes begin
- May 23: Weekend College begins
- June 1: 2nd 8-week session begins
- June 15: 6-week Express session begins
Deadline to Enroll in Classes
- May 22: Full term and 1st 8-week sessions
- May 29: Weekend College
- June 5: 2nd 8-week session
- June 19: Express 6-week session
HOW TO GET STARTED
Please follow these steps to apply and register for classes at St. Petersburg College as a transient student:
|Florida Public Colleges/Universities||Other schools|
If your home institution has chosen to participate as a FloridaShines institution, you can complete the process online. Follow the steps below to get started:
If your home institution is a Florida private college/university, or a college outside the state, follow the steps below to get started:
Review the information provided on your approved transient form to determine which option you will need to follow to register:
- Option 1 - Self-Enrollment Student: View our Transient Student Online Registration Instructions
- Option 2 - Staff-Assisted Enrollment Student: View our Transient Student Staff Assisted Registration Instructions
View Transient Student Financial Aid policies for incoming students.
If you are a degree-seeking SPC student who wishes to take one or more classes at another college or university, please follow these instructions:
- have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA at SPC
- have degree-seeking status at SPC
- meet the SPC pre-requisite(s) for the requested course(s)
- not have any registration or financial holds that would prevent enrollment at SPC
- not have previously completed the requested course with a grade of “C” or better
- not be on a third attempt or more for the requested course
- not exceed the maximum allowed credit hours for term of attendance
- not be currently enrolled in the requested course(s) at SPC
NOTE: If you are a current F-1 international student at SPC, request a letter from International Student Services indicating that you are (1) in-status with your F1 visa and (2) in good academic standing at SPC.
Step by Step Instructions
|Florida Public||Other schools|
If your chosen host institution is a FloridaShines institution, you can complete the process online. Follow the steps below to get started:
If your chosen host institution is a Florida private college/university, or a college outside the state, follow the steps below to get started:
1. Request a hard copy transient approval form from SPC. There are 2 ways to request and receive your approval form.
a. Forms may be completed and approved by a Student Support Manager at the any of the following campuses:
b. Email your transient student request to: email@example.com. Email must contain:
Please allow three business days for SPC staff to process your request. Once processed, you will receive your transient approval form in your SPC student email.
Together with your transient student request, provide a copy of the course description(s) from the course catalog at the institution where you plan to enroll as a transient student so that the information may be reviewed to determine whether it meets your degree completion requirements at SPC.
2. After you complete the classes at the host institution, please request that an updated transcript from that institution be sent to SPC so that we may post the class to your SPC record. Use the transcript request form to have your transcript sent to SPC.
3. If you have any questions concerning your transient student application, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.