As a St. Petersburg College student, you can take classes in communications, reading, writing, speech, English and foreign languages, literature, film, and mass communications. Communications classes are offered online and on campus and can help you meet the general education requirements for an Associate in Arts transfer degree within Florida's 2 + 2 system.
At SPC, we encourage you to take a film class for an overview of the history of motion pictures and its influences over time. Or explore a myriad of life experiences, cultures and beliefs in your literature class. Or master the speech skills you need to make an impact in public and communicate professionally.
Communications Degrees and Transfer Plans
- Communication A.A. Transfer Plan
- English Creative Writing A.A. Transfer Plan - USF St. Petersburg
- English Creative Writing A.A. Transfer Plan - USF Tampa
- English Literary Studies A.A. Transfer Plan - USF St. Petersburg
- English Literary Studies A.A. Transfer Plan - USF Tampa
- English A.A. Transfer Plan
- Journalism A.A. Transfer Plan - FAMU
- Mass Communications A.A. Transfer Plan - USF Tampa
- Mass Communications, Journalism and Media Studies A.A. Transfer Plan - USF St. Petersburg
- World Language French A.A. Transfer Plan - USF Tampa
- World Language Spanish A.A. Transfer Plan - USF Tampa
English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
If English is not your primary language, our English for Academic Purposes (EAP) classes will bring your skills up to college level so you can succeed in your classes. The EAP program features a series of English as a Second Language courses to meet the needs of non-native English speakers. The program is designed for those students who are interested in learning to read, write, speak, listen and understand the English language in order to earn a degree or certificate at SPC.
New students will take a placement test for their English skills and placed in the appropriate level of study indicated by their scores: Basic I, Basic II, Intermediate or Advanced. Students enrolled in 12 credit hours of EAP will be considered full-time students. A credit course in pronunciation is also available.
Study a foreign language
If you want to earn a bachelor's degree but have not had two consecutive years of a foreign language, we can help. St. Petersburg College offers credit classes in Spanish, French and American Sign Language.