Prepare for a career in cybersecurity
Graduates of our two-year Cybersecurity A.S. Degree meet the growing need for college-educated specialists who can tackle increasingly complex information technology security concerns. Demand will remain high for information security analysts who can stay a step ahead of hackers.
This academic program prepares you for the following careers. All job data is provided by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Information Security Analysts
Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL Metro Area Average
Projected employment for Florida
Projected Job Openings
SKILLS YOU LEARN IN SPC's CYBERSECURITY A.S. DEGREE
- Security policies
- Intrusion detection systems
- Router security and protocols
- Legal aspects of IT security
- Incident response and disaster recovery
- Network defense and countermeasures
Cybersecurity Associate in Science
Effective Beginning Catalog Term: Fall 2017 (535)
The requirements shown below are valid beginning Fall 2017 (535), and may not reflect degree requirements for current students. Current students should visit My SPC and view My Learning Plan to see specific degree requirements for their effective term.
* Note: Course is pending approval for change to CTS 2314.
- the recommended order in which to take the program courses
- suggested course when more than one option exists
- which semester each course is typically offered
- if the course has a prerequisite
- courses that may lead to a certificate (if offered in the program)
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE RECOMMENDED ACADEMIC PATHWAY
If you have already started the program,
CLICK HERE FOR THE ARCHIVED ACADEMIC PATHWAYS
Please verify the Academic Pathway lists your correct starting semester.
As part of SPC's Cybersecurity Associate in Science Degree, you may be eligible for the following industry certifications:
- CompTIA Security +
- CompTIA A+
- Cisco CCNA Cyber Operations
- Cisco CCENT
- EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker
CONTINUE YOUR technology EDUCATION
Our Cybersecurity Certificate transfers to SPC's Cybersecurity Associate in Science Degree. The A.S. degree transfers to our Technology Development and Management B.A.S. Degree.
SHORT-TERM TECHNOLOGY TRAINING
SPC also offers technology short-term training and continuing education through our Workforce Institute.