SPC Accessibility Services provides accommodations that ensure equal access for all students
SPC's Accessibility Services office provides or facilitates SPC students with:
- Academic adjustments such as early registration and exam accommodations
- Aids and services including adaptive technologies, note-takers and interpreters
- Academic accommodations, as needed and under its policies, to a student who has a temporary medical condition related to pregnancy and childbirth.
For more information regarding students' rights related to pregnancy and childbirth, navigate to the Title IX webpage.
REGISTER FOR SERVICES
- If you need help completing the online college application or have questions about applying to or attending SPC, please contact an Accessibility Services coordinator.
- If you need assistance with Sign Language Interpreting or Captioning, complete this request for a Sign Language Interpreter.
- If you use a service animal, please visit our Service Animals FAQ.
- To request Accessibility Services, see a campus Accessibility Services coordinator and bring your documentation. If you do not have documentation, the Accessibility Services coordinator can let you know what you need to qualify for accommodations. Schedule your appointment as early as possible so that accommodations can be made in a timely manner. All information will be kept confidential.
Who is eligible?
As a student at SPC with a documented disability, you may be eligible to receive services. If you think you have a disability but have not had it documented, your campus Accessibility Coordinator will explain how to get proper testing or assessment. To be documented, you must have a recent report from a licensed physician or psychologist or an IEP or SOP from your high school.
What Services are Available?
Appropriate, reasonable accommodations are offered based on documented needs. Accommodations might include:
- Adaptive technology
- Early registration
- Note takers
- Sign language interpreters
- Real-time captioning
- Testing arrangements
- Classroom modifications
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Students who use these services tend to have:
- Higher GPAs
- Fewer withdrawals from courses
- Better graduation rates