Please note: These non-financial aid refunds are different than financial aid refunds, which occur when the amount of financial aid disbursements received on your behalf is greater than the amount owed for tuition, fees, and the Book Line of Credit. See more information about financial aid disbursements and refunds here.
Tuition refund policies are established by and subject to change by the Florida Legislature.
See SPC's Board of Trustees
More information about tuition refunds
- To receive a 100 percent refund of the refundable fees you paid for tuition, you must drop from a course or all courses before the Last Day to Drop with a Refund.
- If you withdraw from a class after the Last Day to Drop with a Refund but before the withdrawal deadline, you will receive a grade of "W" and will not be entitled to a refund of fees. If you withdraw from a course after the Withdrawal deadline, you will be issued a grade of "WF" and a refund will not be granted.
- If you have received financial aid, or if your fees were paid by an approved agency, you might be entitled to a refund after proper credits are first issued to the awarding agency.
- For refund purposes, the first day of classes is the one designated "Classes Begin" as published in the college catalog and the academic calendar, and does not refer to the first scheduled class day for any particular student.
- Refunds are released approximately ten (10) business days after the Last Day to Drop with a Refund. If a debt is owed to the college, any refund will be applied to that debt; and any remaining refund due will be payable to the student.
Tuition refunds may be granted for extenuating circumstances but must be approved by an appeals committee. Extenuating circumstances are defined as student medical and orders to active military duty. The appeal must be filed before the end of the term and must include proper documentation.
Fall 2019 Non-Financial aid refund dates
Refunds through BankMobile Disbursements
Jan. 24, 2020
Winter Session, Full Term, Weekend College and First 8 Week Session
Feb. 21, 2020
March 27, 2020
Second 8 Week Session